Skip to main content

Zero commission fees for trading any crypto CFD

  • 0% commission fee
  • 0% swap for overnight positions
  • 0% commission for deposits
  • Tight spreads apply.

62.2% of retail investor accounts lose money

Available for retail clients on the Libertex Trading Platform

0% commission fee for any crypto CFD

Uber Technologies

Uber Technologies is an American company created in 2009 in San Francisco by Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp. That same year, the company launched its mobile application, which enables users to order and pay for taxis and even hire private drivers.  Using the company's application, Uber customers can reserve a vehicle and driver, which they can then track using the in-app route map.  Uber receives 20% of the price of users' journeys, with the remaining 80% going to their drivers. 
Users were initially limited to a small selection of exclusively business class models, but eventually Uber expanded its pool of potential taxis to include more economy vehicles. It was then that the company decided to take its business international and its mobile app is now active in numerous countries the world over. 

Investment opportunities
Uber is a fast-growing company that is constantly adding new innovative services, some notable examples being helicopter trips within Brazil and the development of its own satellite navigation interface. 
In 2017, Uber signed a merger agreement with Yandex Taxi, a provider of unified online taxi-booking services within Russia. 
After 14 funding rounds, Uber has been able to attract around $11.5 billion in venture capital investments. Given the level of investor interest in the company, shares in Uber could represent an asset with good long term prospects.